5010 Military Road, Sioux City, Iowa
**WE ARE ONLY REQUIRING REGISTRATION FOR EASTER SUNDAY MASSES**
Welcome to Sacred Heart Church!
We will require Advance reservations for Easter Sunday masses only at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
For your information:
Holy Week Services are:
Apr. 1 Holy Thursday 6:30 p.m.
Apr. 2 Good Friday 6:30 p.m.
Apr. 3 Holy Saturday Vigil 8 p.m.
Usual weekend masses are Sat. 5 p.m. Sunday 8 and 10 a.m.
**ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE FOR THE CELEBRATION OF PUBLIC MASS**
Additional Guidance for the Celebration of Public Mass Effective Additional guidance updated for March 27, 2021
• Obligation: The obligation to attend Sunday and Holy Day Masses is dispensed until further notice.
• Congregating: Parishioners are discouraged from grouping together either before or after Mass.
• Occupancy: Every pew may be used but must social distance in the pew from other family groups or individuals. Same with chairs placed in church and gathering area.
• Mitigation Efforts: The health and welfare of the faithful are a top priority. Therefore, the faithful should refrain from unduly touching surfaces, respect physical distancing (especially in the Communion procession), use hand sanitizing stations before and after Mass, follow the directions for seating, and stay home if one or more in your family is sick, experiencing symptoms, or have recently been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Several hand sanitizing stations are available at the entry of the Church. Church representatives will sanitize the church following every Mass.
• Gather and Dismissal: We ask the faithful to check in with a designated church representative upon arrival. An usher will seat the faithful in assigned pews. The priest will announce the dismissal protocol at the conclusion of Mass. A structured dismissal protocol may be necessary to ensure safety and physical distancing. Please do not gather in the church following Mass.
• Suspended: No holy water in the Baptism Font, no handholding during The Lord’s Prayer, no sign of peace, and no distribution of the Precious Blood during Communion.
• Masks: Out of compliance, prudence, and charity to all, facemasks are to be worn throughout the entire Mass with the exception of receiving communion.
Your time to complete the form is about to expire due to inactivity. Please click "Continue Working" to complete the form and submit, otherwise your changes will be lost.
Your session will expire in 60 seconds.
Your time to complete the form has expired due to inactivity. Please click the button below or refresh the page with your browser and try again.